general terms and conditions
These general terms and conditions apply to the Alex holiday homes, Rofansiedlung 404b in 6210 Wiesing
CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT – DEPOSIT / REMAINING PAYMENT
- The accommodation contract comes into being when the Alex vacation home accepts the order from the contract partner.
- The contractual partner is obliged to pay the deposit no later than 10 days (incoming) after booking. The contract partner bears the costs for the money transaction (e.g. transfer fees). Payment by credit card (Visa and Mastercard) is also possible.
- The deposit is 20% of the total amount and is a partial payment of the agreed fee.
- The remaining payment must be made no later than 14 days before departure.
- In the case of short-term bookings (less than 14 days before the start of the trip), the entire amount of accommodation must be paid immediately upon booking
START AND END OF ACCOMMODATION
- The contract partner has the right, if the vacation homes Alex does not offer a different time to move into the rented rooms from 2 p.m. on the agreed day of arrival.
The rented rooms are to be vacated by the contractual partner by 10 a.m. on the day of departure
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENT – CANCELLATION FEE
- If the accommodation contract provides for a down payment and the contract partner has not paid the down payment in due time, the Alex cottages can withdraw from the accommodation contract without a grace period.
- Up to 3 months before the agreed date of arrival of the contractual partner, the accommodation contract can be terminated by a unilateral declaration for objectively justified reasons, unless otherwise agreed.
WITHDRAWAL BY THE CONTRACTUAL PARTNER – CANCELLATION FEE
- Cancellation fees for the Alex holiday homes in Wiesing
- up to 61 days before the day of arrival 10% of the total arrangement price;
- from the 60th to the 35th day before the day of arrival 50% of the total package price;
- from the 34th to the 3rd day before the day of arrival 80% of the total arrangement price.
- from the 2nd day before the day of arrival 100% of the total arrangement price
|until 61. days||60. – 35. days||34. Tag – 3. days||from 2. days|
|10%||50 %||80 %||100 %|
OBSTACLES OF ARRIVAL
- If the contractual partner cannot appear in the Alex cottages on the day of arrival because unforeseeable exceptional circumstances (e.g. extreme snowfall, flooding etc.) make all travel options impossible, the contractual partner is not obliged to pay the agreed fee for the days of arrival
- The obligation to pay the fee for the booked stay will come back to life from the point of arrival if arrival is possible again within three days.
PROVISION OF REPLACEMENT ACCOMMODATION
- The accommodation provider can provide the contractual partner or the guests with adequate substitute accommodation (of the same quality) if this is reasonable for the contractual partner, especially if the difference is insignificant and objectively justified
- An objective justification is given, for example, if the room (s) has (are) become unusable, guests who have already been accommodated extend their stay, there is an overbooking or other important operational measures take this step
- Any additional expenses for the replacement accommodation are at the expense of the accommodation provider.
The (general) Austrian Hotel Contract Conditions state the contractual contents according to which Austrian accommodation providers generally conclude accommodation contracts with their guests. The Austrian Hotel Contract Conditions do not exclude special agreements.
In cases of doubt the contract partner of the accommodation provider is the ordering
party, even if he placed, or jointly placed, the order for other specifically named persons.
(2) The persons availing themselves of the accommodation are guests in accordance with
the contract conditions.
Rights of the Guest
(1) The signature of an accommodation contract gives the guest the right to the normal
use of the hired rooms, of the facilities of the accommodation institution, which normally
and without any special conditions, are available for usage by guests and to the usual
(2) The guest has the right to access the hired rooms from 14.00 hours on the agreed
(3) Whether full-board or half-board has been agreed, the guest has the right to request,
for meals of which he is not availing himself, an appropriate substitute provision (packed
lunch) or a coupon, provided that he has indicated this in good time, that is by 18.00
hours the previous day.
(4) Otherwise the guest has no substitute claim to the services of the accommodation
provider if he does not take the agreed meals within the usual scheduled times and in
the facilities specified for this purpose.
Obligations of the Guest
(1) On the termination of the accommodation contract, the agreed payment amount is to
be paid. The accommodation provider will accept foreign currencies as payment as far as
possible in accordance with the daily exchange rate.
The accommodation provider is not obliged to accept cash-free payment methods such
as cheques, credit cards, coupons, vouchers etc.
Any requisite costs ensuing relating to the acceptance of these securities, for example for
telegrams, enquiries etc are to be assumed by the guest.
(2) If food and drink are available in the accommodation, but are brought into it and
consumed in the public areas by the guests, the accommodation provider is entitled to
charge an appropriate compensation to the account (so-called “corkage charge” for
(3) The guest must obtain the consent of the accommodation provider before switching
on any accompanying electrical devices that do not form part of the normal travel
(4) In the case of damages caused by the guest, the compensation law regulations
apply. As a result the guest is liable for all damage and disadvantage suffered by the
accommodation provider or third parties due to his/her fault or fault of his/her
companion or other persons for whom he is responsible and even when the injured party
is entitled to claim compensation directly from the accommodation provider.
Rights of the Accommodation Provider
(1) If the guest refuses to pay the specified payment amount or is in arrears, the owner
of the accommodation is entitled to withhold the handed-in belongings of the guest as a
security for the debt ensuing from the accommodation, food and outlays on behalf of the
(§ 970 c ABGB legally-applicable Withholding Right)
(2) To guarantee the agreed payment the accommodation provider has the right of lien
on the objects handed-in to the accommodation by the guest. (§ 1101 ABGB legallyapplicable Right of Lien of the accommodation provider).
(3) If service is requested either in the guest’s room or at unusual times, the
accommodation provider is entitled to charge a special supplement for this service. This
special supplement is to be stated on the room price notice. The accommodation provider
can also refuse these services for commercial reasons.
Obligations of the Accommodation Provider
(1) The accommodation provider has the obligation to provide the agreed services to an
(2) Special services that are obligatorily chargeable and which are not included in the
accommodation price are:
a) Special services provided by the accommodation which are charged separately to the
account such as the provision of salons, saunas and indoor pool, (outdoor) swimming
pool, solarium, floor bathroom, garage etc.
b) The provision of additional and/or child beds will be calculated at a reduced price.
(3) The marked prices must be inclusive
Liability of the Accommodation Provider for Damages
(1) The accommodation provider is liable for damages suffered on the part of the guest,
if the damages have taken place within the accommodation institution and the
accommodation institution or one of its employees is at fault.
(2) Liability for objects on the premises. In addition to this, the accommodation provider
is liable, as the custodian of the objects handed-in by the checked-in guests, for a
maximum amount of EUR 1,100, if he cannot prove that the damage was caused by him
or one of his employees nor by strangers entering and leaving the building.
Under these circumstances the accommodation provider is liable for valuables, money
and securities up to a maximum amount of EUR 550, unless he had taken these things
with the knowledge of their condition into his safekeeping or unless the damages were
caused by himself or one of his employees which would result in his unlimited liability. A
rejection of the liability by putting up a notice is legally ineffective.
The custody of valuables, money and securities can be refused, if they are substantially
more valuable objects than the guests normally hand in for custody to the
accommodation provider concerned. Agreements which lead to a reduction of liability
below the extent stated in the paragraphs above are legally ineffective. Objects are
deemed to have been handed-in when they have been accepted by one of the service
personnel of the accommodation institution or if they have been handed in at one of the
pre-determined places for this purpose. (In Particular §§ 970 ff. ABGB.)
Keeping of Pets
(1) Pets are only allowed into the accommodation institution with prior authorisation and
in some cases a special payment is levied.
Pets are not allowed in the lounges, the public areas or the restaurant areas.
(2) The guest is liable for damages caused by any animals brought onto the premises, in
accordance with the legally applicable regulations for pet owners. (§ 1320 ABGB).
Extension of the Accommodation
An extension of the guest’s stay requires the consent of the accommodation provider.
Termination of the Accommodation
(1) If the accommodation contract was agreed for a specific time it ends when this time
has expired. If the guest departs early then the accommodation provider is entitled to
demand the full payment amount.
It is incumbent upon the accommodation provider to solicit a further letting of the nonused rooms according to the circumstances.
In addition, the regulation in § 5 (5) (discount percentages) applies
(2) The death of a guest causes the termination of the contract with the accommodation
(3) If the accommodation contract was agreed for a non-specific time the contract
partners can cancel the contract at any time provided that they adhere to a cancellation
period of three days. The cancellation must reach the contract partner by 10.00 hours,
otherwise it is not this very day that is considered to be the first day of the cancellation
period, but the following one.
(4) If the guest does not vacate his room by 12.00 hours, the accommodation provider is
entitled to charge him the price of the room for a further day.
(5) The accommodation provider is entitled to cancel the accommodation contract with
immediate effect, if the guest:
a) makes a considerable detrimental use of the premises or, through his inconsiderate,
objectionable or otherwise inappropriate uncouth behaviour, spoils the collective
living experience of the other guests or is guilty of punishment threatening behaviour
against the property, morality or physical security of the accommodation provider, his
staff or one of the persons staying in the accommodation institution.
b) is overcome by either a contagious disease or one which exceeds the accommodation
duration or is in need of medical care.
c) does not pay the submitted invoice after a demand within a reasonably set timeperiod.
(6) If the fulfilment of the contract becomes impossible due to an event assessed as an
Act of God the contract is cancelled.
The accommodation provider is, however, under the obligation to return the payments
received so that he does not make any profit out of the event. (§ 1447 ABGB.)
Illness or Death of a Guest in the Accommodation
(1) If a guest becomes ill during his/her stay in the accommodation institution the
accommodation provider has the obligation to procure medical assistance and care, if this
is necessary and if the guest himself/herself is not in a position so to do.
The accommodation provider is entitled to the following cost compensation from the legal
successor of the guest in the case of death:
a) Payment of all medical expenses not settled by the guest.
b) Payment for any necessary room disinfecting, if this is ordered by the public health
c) Possible compensation for any linen, bed linen and bed fixtures and fittings that have
become unusable, in return for the hand-over of these objects to the legal successor,
otherwise for the disinfecting or thorough cleaning of all these objects.
d) Payment for any restoration of walls, fixtures and fittings, carpets etc, if these were
contaminated or damaged by the illness or fatality.
e) Compensation for the room rent, if it is not forthcoming due to the temporary
unusability of the room caused by the illness or the fatality. (Minimum three days,
maximum seven days).
Place of Fulfilment and Court of Jurisdiction
(1) The place of fulfilment is the location where the accommodation is situated.
(2) All disputes arising from the accommodation contract are to be agreed by the
professional and responsible court which is local to the accommodation institution, unless
a) the guest has, as a consumer, a domestically located place of employment or
residence. In this case the court of jurisdiction will be agreed as that location as
disclosed by the guest on his/her registration.
b) the guest, as a consumer, only has one domestic employment location. In this case
this will be agreed as the court of jurisdiction.
Right of providing information
You have the right to information about the data stored about you, its origin and recipient as well as the purpose of storage at any time.
You can reach us under the following contact details:
Alex Travel, Alexandra Zingerle e. U., No. 68 in 6261 Strass im Zillertal
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +43 5244 62804